Guests of #BYOB
The Build Your Own Business podcast is designed for corporate escapees who are sick of the grind and want to do something for themselves. This podcast is to provide real examples of the journey from work to your own business. The good, the bad and the ugly. We are searching for the truth of starting a business, not the sugar coated versions people sell in their courses. It's tough out there!
The format is a conversation between Andrew and yourself. It will likely get personal as we are digging for the gold that others in the same position can relate too and learn from.
Each show is unique but follow a basic format. Some of the questions Andrew will ask are:
1. Tell me what you are doing now? (opportunity to pitch your business in one minute when the audience is at it's peak)
2. Let's go back to the start. What was your first paying job? (Spend 10-15 minutes discussing your previous roles that lead up to your current business.)
3. Tell me what was the catalyst for moving out of your day job? (If you are working a side hustle then we can talk about managing your day job and part time business.)
4. What was the biggest challenge in leaving your job? (Could be regular pay cheque, ego of a big brand, your partners expectations, leaving your team etc)
5. Describe the first 90 days in your business? (We are looking for the adjustments to your lifestyle)
6. What was the biggest help you received getting started? (It could be a course you attended, a coach, VA, app, books you read or something completely different.)
7. Now you have been out awhile, is it what you thought it would be like? (expectations versus reality)
8. The big question - knowing what you know now, would you do it again?
9. What advice would you give to those considering venturing out to Build their own Business?
10. How can people get in touch with you? (Plug your website, book, course or anything else you have.)
If you have any other questions you would like Andrew to ask please just email them to him prior to the show.
It's highly recommended that you listen to the podcast prior to being on the show. You can hear all past episodes here.