Social Media banners are a vital ingredient in your creating your Powerful Personal Brand. It's the best real estate you can get on social media to instantly communicate your business and values in one second; as they say a picture tells a thousand words. So why doesn't everyone have an effective social media banner? One reason is they change often so you have to keep getting them made or changed. Twitter recently changed their banner from strips down the side to the more common across the top format and today I was showing a client LinkedIn and suddenly my profile changed! Now you can have a large banner on your profile as seen in the picture below, but only if your a premium member.
The second is that people don't know how to construct them, so I have assembled my top tips for Powerful Social Media Banners. Powerful Social Media Banner is the third part of the five step Social Star Powerful Branding solution and my recommendations are as follows:
- A simple construction of a banner is a background image you like in your company colours, with your tagline or quote then either your photo or logo on the right hand side. But how you use it depends on what profile you are working as, personal or business.
- For personal profiles, have a headshot of yourself in the photo section. Then have a meaningful personal photo and your personal tag line in the background image and your company logo if appropriate for the tone of the site.
- For business profiles, have your company logo in the photo section. Then have a a business photo such as your building or product plus your business tag line and a photo of yourself in the background section.
- Be consistent. Have the same style banner across all your social media accounts and should match your website and business card.
- Ensure you get the right size of the banner and take account of the sections that are intruding on the image by the photo box. The new dimensions for LinkedIn and Twitter are as follows: LinkedIn 1400 x 425 pixels, Twitter is 1500 x 400 pixels and both maximum 4MB and JPG, PNG or GIF formats.
Social media banners correctly constructed are a great addition to your social media presence and investment in your brand. It will set you apart from the rest so if you require help creating your banners please email my team and we can help you with the process. Best of luck!
If you liked this blog don't miss out on the next one! Subscribe now to get them in your mailbox each week. What's the worst that can happen, you can always cancel and you just might learn something valuable :)
As an added bonus all my visitors can download a complimentary copy of my book 'Creating a Powerful Brand' by clicking on the book menu button or here. Tell your friends we have load of eBooks! It will change your life or your money back. Enjoy!
(the link is http://www.andrewford.com.au/book/)