Do you ever feel that when you want something really really badly, the more you try to make it happen, the more it moves further away as you push? You might be in your own business trying to grow, pushing your clients for more, selling hard but the more you push the less they want to buy? Or you might be in a job you don't like and want a new one that better suits your values. Yet the more you try for that promotion or apply for that dream job the less you get a chance to interview and prove yourself? You just don't seem to fit the role perfectly and they find someone who is better. Well there is a better way.
I would love to give you a magic fix for getting everything you want in life easily. A quick fix perhaps, but that is just a fantasy and is not based in reality. There is a solution however, but it takes time, effort and an ability to look inwards at oneself. The good news is that it works, is repeatable and doesn't cost a fortune.
I realised many years ago that it is a lot easier to attract the perfect client or job to you rather than go out and try to find it. Imagine a needle in a haystack, yes that old analogy and like all good parables they stand the test of time because they are true! If your dream job or perfect client was in that haystack how would you get it? Sure you could search for that steely little stick for hours, days even to find it. The more annoyed and urgent it became the less likely you would be to find it as stress and frustration cloud your judgement. Perhaps you would give up, convince yourself that you didn't want that damn needle anyhow, maybe it isn't even in there!
More from this....
I use to feel like this at times when my attempts to get what I wanted failed. Surely there was a better way and due to my curious nature I kept examining this problem until I came up with a solution. So after years of examining how I have personally attracted the opportunities in my life I have finally mapped out how to create what I call e-ttraction. What I mean by e-ttraction is the process of creating opportunities for yourself through your brand and social media. I am keen to share my ideas to see if it works for you as well as it did for me and further refine my process.
The proof is in the pudding (another analogy!) and in the last five years my e-ttraction from my personal brand via social media has included:
- Being poached out of two jobs in two years with an increased salary of almost 100%
- Having investors asking to invest in my business when I just launched it weeks before
- Over 200+ client based on referrals
- An increase in sales revenue of 300% in the last six months
- Employees asking to work in my business, some for free
- Paid presentation opportunities
- Free business clothing, drinks and food (random I know right!) and recently
- Lenovo sponsorship with free hardware and a trip to London - I leave tonight
How did I manage to attract all these things without advertising? Here is a summary of my three step model for your examination and contribution:
1) Understand You: Get clear on who you are and what you really want. I have had many clients who thought they knew what they wanted but when we delved deeper inside their values, personality, history and goals, they actually wanted something quite different. What they thought they wanted was what their partner/society/parents wanted - not them. It might sounds a little air fairy but it is an often quoted fact that if your conscious and conscious mind are not congruent, you will feel conflict and can't execute plans to attract what you want. You will self sabotage your efforts until your goals are more aligned with your own values, not those of others.
At Social Star we have created a specific methodology to help assess your situation and ensure your goals match your efforts before we begin the e-ttraction process.
2) Build your profile: Once we have mapped out your goals, values, personality, resources, stage of life and reviewed your current online presence we begin the construction of your digital attraction profile. This is your personal brand pointed towards your specific business goals. It can be used to attract a more suitable job, start a business, gain more traction in your market or establish yourself as a leader in your field.
3) Learn to leverage: Once you have constructed your digital platform, you need to use it! This is where some people fall down as they mistakenly think they are finished the process. They have a shiny new online presence but haven't yet found out how to really use it. It's like buying a treadmill for home, you feel wonderful unpacking it and having that first run, but it is the 100th run that gives you the benefit. Having it doesn't do anything without the regular effort.
Our process to leverage your profile is quite simple: connect to those who are influential in the area of your goal, create compelling content to engage that audience and learn how to pitch for what you want when asked. If you finally get to a point of someone asking what opportunity you desire, have a well constructed answer! The simplicity of these three steps hides the significant nuances which make this a challenging stage and one where people regularly seek my advice.
Whatever your goals, a better job or better business, this three step process works. It takes time, effort and can be confronting at times but if your goals are more important than the challenge of changing, you will make it. If you need support to get there I would love to help if I am able. You can contact me by leaving a comment here or emailing me here. All the best!
If you liked this blog don't miss out on the next one! Subscribe now to get them in your mailbox each week. What's the worst that can happen, you can always cancel and you just might learn something valuable :)
As an added bonus all my visitors can download a complimentary copy of my book 'Creating a Powerful Brand' by clicking on the book menu button or here. Tell your friends we have load of eBooks! It will change your life or your money back. Enjoy!
(the link is http://www.andrewford.com.au/book/)